This is an introduction to the 26-part series on how to live better with chronic illness. The concept of mindfulness-based mastery & wellbeing practices is introduced. Mindfulness practice is described as the fundament of mastery & wellbeing practices, because it is what allows us to be self-aware, which is an a priori requirement to everything that follows. The connection between health and healthy relationships is described, and viewers are encouraged to do everything possible to improve the quality of their relationships; this is because emotional distress in our relationships negatively impacts health. The connection between health and seeking meaning and purpose is emphasized. Other mindfulness-based mastery & wellbeing practices are encouraged, such as engaging in a formal gratitude practice. The connection between authentic self-expression and health is introduced, and viewers are encouraged to take risks in expressing their true feelings. This work evolved out of the research by Martin Seligman, George Vaillant, Sonja Lyubomirsky, Daniel Goleman, and many others.
Video: Mindfulness-Based Mastery & Wellbeing Series Introduction
October 17, 2012 at 9:00 am
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Would you be able to give us more detailed MBEP instructions?
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Would you explain more about Mindfulness-Based Empowerment Practices?
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Why Mind-Body? Why not mind training?
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Please say more about the need for MBEP and explain the difference between it and sitting meditation.
- Video: The Importance of Setting Goals
- Authenticity, Transparency
- Body Centeredness
- Cancer and the Mind
- Chronic Illness and the Mind
- Gratitude and Well-Being
- In Your Own Hands
- Living by Personal Values
- Meaning and Purpose in Health
- Mindfulness Practice
- Practice is Everything
- Practice Living by Choice
- Q&A Ask Dr. B.
- Self-Efficacy and Self-Mastery
- Social Support and Contributing Member of a Community