Ask your doctor for permission to record, and then take notes later. I record on my iPhone and while it’s recording, I refer to all my questions, which I keep on Notes on my iPhone. By recording the entire consult, you will have far more information than you are likely to remember, and you will find yourself coming up with additional questions. This process is part of being an empowered medical patient. I keep those notes on a Word document. Then, I start a page on Notes on my iPhone for questions for the next appointment, and I can refer back to the Word document.
Video: How to Maintain Good Notes on Your Medical Appointments
December 10, 2014 at 9:00 am
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Would you be able to give us more detailed MBEP instructions?
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Would you explain more about Mindfulness-Based Empowerment Practices?
- Video: Self-Empowerment Through Mindful Choosing
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Why Mind-Body? Why not mind training?
- Video: How to Live by Choice
- Authenticity, Transparency
- Body Centeredness
- Cancer and the Mind
- Chronic Illness and the Mind
- Gratitude and Well-Being
- In Your Own Hands
- Living by Personal Values
- Meaning and Purpose in Health
- Mindfulness Practice
- Practice is Everything
- Practice Living by Choice
- Q&A Ask Dr. B.
- Self-Efficacy and Self-Mastery
- Social Support and Contributing Member of a Community