This discussion is about the importance of mindfulness practice to help us disengage or defuse from unhealthy thoughts such as a belief that we’re going to have a bad day, which otherwise becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy. It’s important to learn how to acknowledge that thoughts are nothing but transient, insubstantial mental phenomena, which otherwise dictate our behavior.
Video: Freedom From Oppression of the Mind (part six of series)
May 7, 2014 at 9:00 am
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Would you be able to give us more detailed MBEP instructions?
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Would you explain more about Mindfulness-Based Empowerment Practices?
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Why Mind-Body? Why not mind training?
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Please say more about the need for MBEP and explain the difference between it and sitting meditation.
- Video: The Importance of Setting Goals
- Authenticity, Transparency
- Body Centeredness
- Cancer and the Mind
- Chronic Illness and the Mind
- Gratitude and Well-Being
- In Your Own Hands
- Living by Personal Values
- Meaning and Purpose in Health
- Mindfulness Practice
- Practice is Everything
- Practice Living by Choice
- Q&A Ask Dr. B.
- Self-Efficacy and Self-Mastery
- Social Support and Contributing Member of a Community