Controlling for all confounding variables, researchers have found that people who live their lives with mastery, that is, taking charge of their lives, making conscious choices, and dealing with disappointments and tragedy as challenges rather than as defeats, are healthier than those who allow themselves to feel defeated. The most evidence-based of these mastery behaviors can be learned and practiced. Making a commitment to living with intentionality and making these mindfulness-based practices part of daily life leads to living with greater mastery & wellbeing, which then increases the odds of experiencing improved health. This is due to reductions in emotional distress and physiological stress. It is also due to the fact that living with mastery and intentionality improve immune function. This has been evidenced by psychoneuroimmunology research.
Video: Conscious Intention, Mastery & Health
November 14, 2012 at 9:00 am
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Would you be able to give us more detailed MBEP instructions?
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Would you explain more about Mindfulness-Based Empowerment Practices?
- Video: Self-Empowerment Through Mindful Choosing
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Why Mind-Body? Why not mind training?
- Video: How to Live by Choice
- Authenticity, Transparency
- Body Centeredness
- Cancer and the Mind
- Chronic Illness and the Mind
- Gratitude and Well-Being
- In Your Own Hands
- Living by Personal Values
- Meaning and Purpose in Health
- Mindfulness Practice
- Practice is Everything
- Practice Living by Choice
- Q&A Ask Dr. B.
- Self-Efficacy and Self-Mastery
- Social Support and Contributing Member of a Community