“There is no clear dividing line between a person’s philosophy and physiology.” William James made that statement a hundred years before modern biofeedback and fMRI could demonstrate it. In the 1920s, Swiss physician Bruno Bloch proved that he was able to cure thousands of people from all over Europe with a fancy looking, but worthless machine—proving the power of the mind to cure disease. When people recover from disease after receiving a placebo, it is not the sugar pill that cures them; it is the patient’s deep belief that it will cure them—belief is the active ingredient.
Video: Can the Mind Cure Disease?
March 31, 2015 at 9:00 am
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Would you be able to give us more detailed MBEP instructions?
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Would you explain more about Mindfulness-Based Empowerment Practices?
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Why Mind-Body? Why not mind training?
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Please say more about the need for MBEP and explain the difference between it and sitting meditation.
- Video: The Importance of Setting Goals
- Authenticity, Transparency
- Body Centeredness
- Cancer and the Mind
- Chronic Illness and the Mind
- Gratitude and Well-Being
- In Your Own Hands
- Living by Personal Values
- Meaning and Purpose in Health
- Mindfulness Practice
- Practice is Everything
- Practice Living by Choice
- Q&A Ask Dr. B.
- Self-Efficacy and Self-Mastery
- Social Support and Contributing Member of a Community