Every thought and every emotion catalyze and are catalyzed by biochemical, electrochemical changes. One of my mentors, Dr. Jeanne Achterberg taught us that: “No thought, no emotion, is without biochemical, electrochemical activity; and the activity leaves no cell untouched.” When controlling for all potential confounding variables, such as genetics, environmental exposures, and health habits, unhappy people will usually be less healthy than happy people. Happiness is good for your health. Do whatever it takes to improve it—psychotherapy, mindfulness practice, improving relationships, finding meaning and purpose, and personal growth in whatever form appeals to you.
Video: Can Our Thoughts Kill Us?
April 21, 2015 at 9:00 am
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Would you be able to give us more detailed MBEP instructions?
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Would you explain more about Mindfulness-Based Empowerment Practices?
- Video: Self-Empowerment Through Mindful Choosing
- Q & A with Dr. B. – Why Mind-Body? Why not mind training?
- Video: How to Live by Choice
- Authenticity, Transparency
- Body Centeredness
- Cancer and the Mind
- Chronic Illness and the Mind
- Gratitude and Well-Being
- In Your Own Hands
- Living by Personal Values
- Meaning and Purpose in Health
- Mindfulness Practice
- Practice is Everything
- Practice Living by Choice
- Q&A Ask Dr. B.
- Self-Efficacy and Self-Mastery
- Social Support and Contributing Member of a Community